Monday, November 14, 2011

The Best of Vegas: Part 1

In light of my upcoming Vegas getaway- (leaving this weekend what, what!!) I decided to do a throwback post every day (ish) in honor of some of my favorite Vegas stories. You saw from my first post that I have gone a lot this year and I went even more in 2010- basically I’ve just been a regular since turning 21 and discovering I love to gamble. Like, seriously.
My first real vacay to Vegas was in December 2009. It started as we were only going to stay a night there on our way to San Diego and last minute (literally the night before) turned into just staying there the whole time. (Some people backed out last minute and it ended up being just Lizette and I- typical I know.)
Because it was originally just a one night stop we only had our first night’s hotel booked. We stayed in Treasure Island and our room was glorious- amazing beds, plasma TV’s, up high with a strip view. But with the resort fee tacked on and only us two splitting it we decided we would stay somewhere else for the rest of the time. A few highlights- I lost $20 immediately on the slot machine and was like, “wait isn’t the money supposed to go up, how does this work?” We proceeded to lose/win a lot the remainder of the day.
Late that night we got hungry and figuring that everything in Vegas is probably open all night we ventured off on our own without our car key- everything is in walking distance on the strip right? When we got outside we were super turned around but then in the distance saw familiar red and yellow glowing lights- hello In N’ Out! So we just walked in that general direction until to our dismay we realized it was not in fact a burger joint but a strip club. Do they serve burgers there? Cause who cares I’m hungry. We ended up finding a Denny’s and had a less than satisfying meal.
Other highlights of that first trip: booking the other two nights last minute at Hooters. It was awful especially in comparison to TI and really depressing to my less than curvaceous frame. The pool was pimp and open 24 hours though- we sat in the hot tub for the next 3 days. Just kidding we actually spent 90% of the time gambling. Lizette got really good at the slot machines- if that’s possible- and she was winning like crazy. True story she would put a dollar in and win twenty. I had one big win like that and went to hit cash out and accidentally pushed max bet instead- as I watched the money drain away to nothing that’s when I knew the slots were not for me.
The last night we got really dressed up, went to In N’ Out- finally- and were planning to hit some clubs. Instead all we wanted to do was gamble. In our party dresses. Until sunrise. It was pretty much fate though because we were actually winning at every game we tried that night- more than making up for any previous losses. The next morning right before we left an old man dealing our black jack at Hooters taught us how to play- for real with like a strategy. So he was pretty much the only good thing about that hotel besides the waterfall hot tub.
Buffet at Treasure Island = AH-MAAA-ZING!
Slightly overdressed for a trip to In N' Out
The only good thing about staying at Hooters. (Besides the blackjack dealer who mentored us)
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
This is what addiction looks like
Melvin and me
Me and L- Planet Hollywood.
I got home and my family told me that we were going to Vegas as a family literally that Friday. We got home on a Wednesday. So literally I turned around and went back to Vegas. That trip was amazing because everything was paid for by my fam so I got to shop a lot more. Although, it was also less eventful because, well, gambling alone turned out to be not as fun and for some weird reason my mom wouldn’t gamble with me.
My brother (he was 15 then, wth is he so huge?!) LOVE the big Christmas tree
Me and my little brothers.

More stories to come, I’m full of Vegas stories. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment