Thursday, January 5, 2012

in with the new {year}

Let me start off by saying I am not a fan of NYE. Like, seriously, it gets so hyped up every year and so it always ends up being a MAH-JOR disappointment. It's not just me, I know it. {If you are one of those people that love it and it's everything it is hyped up to be every year, we are not friends. Just kidding.}
So I've got a system. No expectations, little to no plans prior to the week of, no kiss, nada. This year I went to the club I go to all the time, nothing exciting or new, with no expectations and did the night blow my mind? Not at all. But as Roscoe Dash would say it was a good, good night. So obviously it is working, because the higher the expectation the bigger the bust. Below are some pictures from the night.


We are usuals.


Me. xx


Me and the lovely Shalaysa {she never comes out but I guess she made an exception for the *shudder* holiday}

But can we talk about how pointless NY resolutions are? If you make and keep a new resolution every new year I am literally giving you a standing ovation right now. Really, you should see how people are looking at me. Not that making goals is a bad thing- I'm always making new ones. But the pressure to think of something big and life changing that you need to accomplish/stop/start doing at the beginning of each year and then actually do it? Exhausting.

Here's an idea- monthly check ins. At the end of each month take a look and say, hey does my life suck? Could it be better? Am I doing something to make it better/not doing something that would improve it? BAM! Baby steps, people. For example, last week I realized I have become the worst at working out. So this week I went to the gym. I think the best changes are the kind you are continually identifying and working on. That is a hell of a lot easier too. Again, if you have the will power to make a big change every year more power to you but as a self-proclaimed slacker I'd much rather stop and fix things as I go before waiting for it to become resolution-worthy. Just a thought.
Promise I'm not bitter. ;)
If you are the resolution making type, one thing I'm always working on is becoming more organized (who isn't?) so I thought I'd share a link I enjoyed with 8 little things you can do to accomplish organization. (Did I mention I like baby steps?)
http://www.refinery29.com/easy-organization-tips/slideshow

xx

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about NYE, also Halloween for that matter! You always look like youre having a good time. And always lookin good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you agree! Halloween is also overrated. Except the year I dressed as the white, female, foot shorter LeBron James. That was pretty epic. Thanks I like to think I can have a good time/find a good club anywhere. Including Canada. Challenge excepted ;)

    ReplyDelete